We have learned how to control ourselves and others.
It is time we learn how to let go and flow with life.
Change is a fact of life, and the rate seems to be increasing.
Most of us are uncomfortable with change, even if we want to change!
One of the best workshops I attended when I worked at Pacific Bell was called Managing Change in a Changing Environment.
How appropriate in the corporate world!
It may help to consider the three C's,
which make it easier to deal with change:
It helps to understand that there are several stages
people naturally go through in the
emotional/psychological process of transitions:
- Let go the old identity or habit, with a sense of loss or dying
- Unknown territory, chaos, very unsettling
- Acceptance of the new identity or habit
Here are five key things to remember
during times of transition:
- Rituals help individuals and groups during this process.
- In organizations, communication is critical to help members of the
organization during the time of transition.
- Resistance to change is natural and can be managed by listening
and acknowledging the basic desires of those in resistance.
- Support people so they can shift their perspective,
so they feel in control, have commitment and see the challenge.
- It takes time and support to complete the process without getting
STUCK in any stage of the transition.
We offer individual and group coaching to support you during times of change and transition.
Contact us for more information.
Learn about a model which helps you understand how change is viewed and managed in your organization, based on the culture
Four Organization Cultures
Last updated January